Monday 3 November 2008

Challenge 35: Coffee and cream


Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us this week. The theme we've picked is 'Coffee and Cream'

Our designers have made some wonderful examples for you below.



Congratulations to Jenny, Heidi, annie2006, * Shaz *, gailscraftyplace, joey, Macpurp, nessy, Denise and Wendi you have won last week's prize: 10% off at Handy Hippo. Please email us at mytimetocraftchallenge@hotmail.co.uk and we will get your prizes sorted out.




This week's Prize, supplied by Crafty Individuals
are these 2 beautiful Christmas stamps, everyone who takes part in this week's challenge by ( 10pm Monday the 10th of November GMT) will be entered into a prize draw and 1 lucky persons name will be selected at random winning these stamps Good luck, we will announce the winner next week.


Jo, Fifi, Lesley, Becky, Kate & Wendy


~~~~~~~~~





Card
I stamped Milo and coloured him and his dog with Pro Markers. I used K & Co background paper and ATD paw print paper and the 'friend' sentiment was made using Papermania alphabet stickers. I coloured the flowers with Pro Markers to make them match the colour scheme.
~~~~~~~







Card
I started this card by stamping the coffee background onto cream card then punched the edge with a stampin' up punch. The I stamped various coffee images onto cream card and vellum. The slide mount was coloured silver with a krylon pen. some brown paper was then embossed with a cuttlebug folder and was used in the background. Some silver metal embellisments were used threaded with brown spotted ribbon. Finally a silver heat embossed spoon was added.
~~~~~~~~





ATC
Using a template, I cut out the cup shape in shades of browns & creams, for the froth I used mulberry paper which I feathered at the edge. I assembled the layers, then attached to a brown base.

~~~~~~~~






Card
I stamped a Linda Luckin Calendula image in Vintage Sepia Versafine, and inked the edges with Walnut Distress Ink. I matted the image onto some plain and patterned HOTP papers, and inked the edge of a cream cream card also with Walnut. I stamped a greeting and added 2 eyelets to finish.
~~~~~~~~






Card
I have had this lovely free image from the *Lisa Vollrath Two Ten *site for some time now - so I decided to have a play with it. The lace background piece has been made using the *Stampin Up 'Antique lace'* background stamp. I stamped it using ink in a coffee colour and I also added Peanut Butter and Guilded Ivory embossing powders in places for depth and t exture. Embellished with a paper flower, a length of ribbon and a buckle I had lying around.
~~~~~~~~

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is my card. Thank you for looking.

SueHart said...

I'vev made an ATC for this weeks theme. Hope it's okay.
x

Sam said...

I've added a fat book page to my blog. Thanks for the challenge.

Crafting Queen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crafting Queen said...

Trying again, great work DT.

Mine is here

Unknown said...

Just blogged my button stack earrings :)

Tilte said...

I made a LO for this one ... nice theme ;o)

Denise said...

Great challenge and fad dt cards as always. here is my entry:-
http://densbloggers.blogspot.com/2008/11/my-time-to-craft-coffee-cream.html

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Lovely theme and gorgeous DT card. Here is my card
Sharon

daisy said...

You can find my little house here.

Macpurp said...

love the colours in coffee and creams! hope my link works,

Here is my entry.

am so chuffed with being one of the winners in last weeks prze draw, have emailed my details as requested.
many thanks
Tina xx

Anonymous said...

My ATC is here.
Thanks for looking!

Claire said...

I've made a folder for this weeks theme. I love 'coffee and cream' colours and thoroughly enjoyed the challenge.

My Entry

Claire

Sally said...

Great cards on your blog. Enjoyed making my card for this challenge. I havn't used stamped images on it though does that matter?
here is my card

crafty creations said...

Gorgeous work girls and fab candy

here's mine

http://inkythings.blogspot.com/2008/11/my-time-to-craft-coffee-and-cream.html

Thanks for looking

Bev said...

Fab colours to work with this week. Here's my card

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Thanks for the challenge, here's my entry
Susan :)

Erum Tasneem said...

Coffee and cream...yumm yumm!LOL
Take a look at My Card!

Maria Matter said...

It's wonderful to see how everyone uses the theme!
Here's mine:
Coffee & Cream
Blessings, Maria

Hazel said...

Lovely cards from the team - I love brown and cream together. There's a card from me here

Julie.G said...

Here is my card that I made for the Coffee and Cream challenge....
http://creationsbyjulie.blogspot.com/2008/11/coffee-and-cream-anyone.html

Jac’s Playground said...

Lovely theme and managed to get a printer working just in time! Mine is here TFL

Sarah C said...

What a great challenge. Certaily got me thinking.

I've made a card for it and it's here

craft mad Jenny said...

I've gone with a coffee and cream colourscheme, rather than a cup of coffee!
Click here for mine.

Macpurp said...

hello, i have tried emailing re random selection for the last challenge....but no luck.
hope you can help
many thanks
Tina ~ Macpurp.
xx